When it comes to concealed carry, there are many holster options to choose from. One of the popular options is the leather shoulder holster. It has been around for decades and is a classic style that many find stylish and practical. But, like any other holster type, leather shoulder holsters come with their own set of pros and cons. In this article, we’ll explore the advantages and disadvantages of using a leather shoulder holster. Let’s dive in!
Pros of Leather Shoulder Holsters:
1. Comfortable Wear: One of the main advantages of leather shoulder holsters is their comfortable wear. They distribute the weight of the firearm across both shoulders, which provides a balanced carry and eliminates the pressure points that come with traditional hip holsters.
2. Concealment: Leather shoulder holsters are great for concealment because they allow for easy access to the firearm while remaining unnoticeable under clothes. They also prevent firearm print, which is the visibility of the outline of your gun.
3. Accessibility: Shoulder holsters are known for their quick accessibility, making them a favorite of law enforcement officials across the world. You won’t have to worry about constantly repositioning a hip holster when sitting or standing.
4. Versatile: Leather shoulder holsters can accommodate more than one gun and even extra magazines. So, you can easily carry your backup weapon or ammo. They also come in different styles and designs to match one’s personality.
Cons of Leather Shoulder Holsters:
1. Expensive: Leather shoulder holsters are not cheap, and many prefer not to invest in one. They are made with high-quality material, are hand-sewn, and require great attention to detail. Plus, shoulder harnesses are included, which adds to the expense.
2. Requires Proper Fit and Adjustment: Leather shoulder holsters need to fit properly to keep the firearm secure while carrying and to prevent slipping, which is why they need frequent adjustment.
3. Additional Clothing Layer: A leather shoulder holster adds yet another layer to your clothing, which could become an issue in extremely hot weather. You might also have to alter your wardrobe to fit the new leather shoulder holster you purchase.
4. Limited Mobility: The cross carry design and the added weight may limit your mobility. For instance, you wouldn’t be able to twist or bend as much as you can with a waist holster.
When weighing the pros and cons of a leather shoulder holster versus other holster types, it is clear that it is a personal preference. What’s important is to understand the benefits and limitations of the design before making the investment. Leather shoulder holsters can provide substantial advantages for those who prefer comfortable and concealed carry. They can also be stylish and reflective of one’s personality. So, weigh your options, set realistic expectations, and choose the one that works best for you. Happy carrying!
No matter what your choice is, you can’t go wrong with a quality leather shoulder holster. It will last for years to come and provide you with an ideal solution for carrying in comfort and style.
In the end, investing in a leather shoulder holster may be one of the best decisions you ever make. Not only do they provide you with a comfortable and concealed solution for carrying, but they also offer many other benefits that make them worth the money. They are stylish, durable, and can be adapted to fit your specific needs. Whether you’re looking for something to carry around town or while hunting or just want a holster that will last you for years to come, a leather shoulder holster may be the perfect choice for you. So, take the time to shop around and find one that meets your needs and preferences. Investing in a quality leather shoulder holster is an investment worth making.